Burn Permits

burn permit top bar

burn permit section 2

burn permit section 3



Special Burn Permits: Are designed to address larger pile sizes, individual needs and other potential concerns or special projects. Contact our Fire & Life Safety Division at (541) 826-7100 to request a Special Burn Permit.

Burning of the following items is prohibited:
Household garbage, plastic, wire insulation, automobile parts, asphalt, petroleum products or treated materials, rubber, asbestos, animal remains, animal or vegetable matter resulting from the handling, preparation, cooking or service of food, any material which emits dense smoke or noxious odor.

What should I do if my neighbor is burning and it is not an authorized burn day?

  1. Residents may call 9-1-1 to report any illegal burns during Fire Season or an escaped burn at any time.

  2. Outside of Fire Season, contact DEQ to file a complaint at (888) 997-7888 or submit an online complaint form.

Need additional assistance?

Call our office at (541) 826-7100 for additional inquiries. You may also send an email by clicking HERE.