You Don’t Have to Be a Hero, Just Be a Neighbor!
Fire District 3 serves the heart of the Rogue Valley with 8 stations in Gold Hill, Sams Valley, Dodge Bridge, Agate Lake, White City, Eagle Point and Central Point. The goal of our Volunteer Department is to actively support the District’s mission of protecting life and property through public education, prevention activities, and emergency response services. Volunteers play a crucial role in delivering services to all locations of our fire district.
Minimum Qualifications for Volunteer
- Be at least 18 years of age
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license
- Pass a thorough background check
Volunteer Firefighters are needed to provide Rural Fire Protection support in Sams Valley, Dodge Bridge, Gold Hill and Agate Lake. Our rural stations are volunteer supported by men and women just like you. Volunteer firefighters are neighbors helping neighbors and coming together when lives and property are threatened.
Fire & Life Safety Volunteers are needed to assist with community risk reduction activities. Some of these activities include:
- Fuels Reduction-helping you and your neighbors reduce the level of combustible biomass around your homes and property.
- Wildland Home Assessments- assess homes for wildfire readiness.
- Smoke Alarm Campaigns – organizing neighborhoods to install working smoke detectors in every home.
- Logistics Supply Delivery- restocking fire stations with supplies.
- Warehouse Organization- coordinating the organization of uniforms.
- CPR Instruction-provide lifesaving classes for others.
- Community Events/Front Counter Greeters/Hospitality/Grant Writing
Support Services Volunteers are needed to support firefighters during emergency events. Some of these activities include:
- Water Tender Drivers -bringing the water to the fire.
- Rehab Vehicle Driver -bringing relief to fire fighters in the form of water, ice, coffee, and meals during a prolonged fire event.
- OR assist with Standby EMT at community events to provide emergency first aid services.
Resident Volunteer Firefighters are qualified as Firefighter 1 & EMT who live on site at either Sams Valley, Dodge Bridge, Gold Hill or Agate Lake.
District 3 provides very nice, on-site housing in exchange for 120 hours of standby duty at their assigned station.
Please consider volunteering with Fire District 3!
For more information, please call our Volunteer Coordinator at (541) 831-2713