Fire season ends today, October 28, on lands protected by the Oregon Dept. of Forestry’s Southwest Oregon District. The fire danger level is “low” (green).
The district protects 1.8 million acres of state, private, county, city and Bureau of Land Management forestlands in Jackson and Josephine counties.
For more information, contact the ODF Southwest Oregon District unit offices:
5286 Table Rock Rd.
Central Point, OR 97502
Fax: (541) 664-4340
5375 Monument Dr.
Grants Pass, OR 97526
Fax: (541) 474-3158
Links to related information
Oregon Department of Forestry fire prevention regulations:
- Public Regulated Use Restrictions
- Information on Industrial Fire Precaution Levels (IFPL)
- Industrial closures and public regulated use proclamations (all ODF-protected lands)
Weather conditions and forecasts:
- National Weather Service fire weather forecasts for southwest Oregon
- ODF Southwest Oregon District weathercam page
To report a fire: Dial 911. Be prepared to tell the dispatcher who you are, where the fire is located, and how to contact you. Do not hang up until the dispatcher asks you to. For more information about emergency reporting, see the Emergency Communications of Southern Oregon website.
To ensure you’ll know about an emergency in your area: Sign up for Citizen Alert, a Jackson County notification system which helps local officials to provide you with critical information quickly when a fire, flood, earthquake or other emergency occurs.
For wildfire prevention regulations on other southern Oregon state and private forestlands:
- Douglas Forest Protective Association
- Coos Forest Protective Association
- Klamath Interagency Fire Center
For information about wildfires in the Pacific Northwest: Northwest Interagency Coordination Center
For national wildfire information:
For information about local national forests:
- Rogue River-Siskiyou National Forest
- Medford Interagency Communication Center (MICC)
- Umpqua National Forest
- Fremont-Winema National Forest
- Klamath National Forest
- Six Rivers National Forest